MS15795 : Mil-Spec Hardware
MS15795 : Mil-Spec Hardware Specification
Washer, Flat-Metal, Round General Purpose
Click on drawing for larger view
1. MATERIAL: Corrosion resistant steel, 300 series, in accordance with procurement specification. Nickel-copper alloy, brass, copper and aluminum alloy in accordance with procurement specification.
2. PROTECTIVE COATING AND SURFACE TREATMENT: Nickel-copper alloy shall be uncoated in accordance with procurement specification. Brass shall be black oxide coated in accordance with MIL-F-495. Copper shall be uncoated in accordance with procurement specification. Aluminum alloy, anodize in accordance with MIL-A-6625, Type I or II, Class 1. Corrosion resistant steel shall be cleaned, unscaled and passivated in accordance with ASTM A380. When specified, (see Requirement 5 herein) corrosion resistant steel shall be black oxide coated in accordance with MIL-C-13924, Class 4.
3. FLATNESS: Washers shall be flat within .005 for outside diameters up to .875 inclusive and .010 for larger sizes.
4. MAGNETIC PERMEABILITY: Corrosion resistant steel washers shall have a magnetic permeability of 2.0 maximum (Air = 1.00) for a field strength of M = 200 using a magnetic indicator in accordance with MIL-I-17214.
5. PART NUMBER: The part number shall consist of the basic MS number, followed by a dash number from Tables I, II, III, IV, or V and a finish code letter “B” for black oxide corrosion resistant steel washers only. No code for all other washers.
MS15795 Basic MS Number
– Dash Number
801B Finish Code Letter
MS15795-801B indicates – washer, flat-metal, round, general purpose; CRES; inside diameter .078; outside diameter .188; thickness .020; black oxide finish.
- 1. All dimensions are in inches.
- 2. In the event of a conflict between the text of this standard and the references cited herein, the text of this standard shall take precedence.
- 3. Referenced government (or nongovernment) documents of the issue listed in that issue of the Department of Defense index of specifications and standards (DODISS) specified in the solicitation form a part of this standard to the extent specified herein.
- 4. Washers represented by dash numbers 1 through 39 and 40 and 101 through 139 and 140 are cancelled after 5 December 1963. Use MS27183. Washers represented by dash numbers 201 through 239 are cancelled after 13 October 1961. Use MS27183.
- Interchangeability Relationship. MS27183 parts can replace the cancelled washers of the same dimensions. The cancelled washers cannot always replace MS27183 washers and should be used until existing stock is depleted. Then use only the superseding MS washers of the same dimensions for design and replacement.
- Corrosion resistant steel, 300 and 400 series, and uncoated brass washers covered by dash numbers given in previous issues or this standard are cancelled/inactivated after the indicated approval date for Revision 8. Use the new dash numbers given in the preceding sheet of this standard. The cancelled washers cannot always replace the new washers and should be used until existing stock is depleted. Then use only the new washers for design and replacement. Replacement shall be in accordance with this table.
Need the Spec?
Click here to download MS15795 Specification